Ever wondered what some of the oddest book titles are?
How about The Joy of Chickens or How to Avoid Huge Ships? Personally, one I quite like is Goblinproofing One’s Chicken Coop as it makes me feel that we’re not really that detached from the world of high fantasy…
The Diagram Prize for Oddest Title of the Year has been running since the 1970s (more information on it can be found here) and they have just put out the 2014 nominees:
- Working Class Cats: The Bodega Cats of New York City by Chris Balsiger and Erin Canning
- Are Trout South African? by Duncan Brown
- How to Poo on a Date by Mats & Enzo
- Pie-ography: Where Pie Meets Biography by Jo Packham
- How to Pray When You’re Pissed at God by Ian Punnett
- The Origin of Faeces by David Walter-Toews
Firstly, yes you are reading a couple of those titles correctly, and secondly, you can read more about them here.